About Us

Monday, February 15, 2016

Only 3 Ingredients- DIY Toothpaste

Toothpaste 

We use the pretty basic recipe floating around out there. 

2 Tablespoons melted Coconut Oil


1 Tablespoon Xylitol- I prefer xylitol over baking soda. It sweetens it plus is thought to help restore minerals to the teeth. I use the flat blade of our Silver Bullet blender to grind it finer for toothpaste

About 10-15 drops of Essential Oil- I use Peppermint Oil- it gives it that minty fresh taste plus is anti-bacterial

Mix everything together. The Coconut Oil will solidify when it cools. I keep mine in a small glass container. I also quadriple this recipe (x's 4) to fit the container I have- 1 cup, but I use about 25 drops of peppermint oil and that's plenty for that nice minty taste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment